Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WOW!!!

Wow, everyone!!! I'm SO excited so many people have already shown interest in my first ever blog giveaway!!! To reward all you early entries and to entice those who have yet you enter, I'm going to tell you what I'm giving away...

I may or may not have mentioned before that C's mom makes the most gorgeous jewelry in her spare time and sells it in the break room at her work... I totally think she needs to get herself an Etsy store, since she has the most beautiful handmade jewelry and I know people (like my reader lovelies!) would totally scoop up her stuff (she doesn't charge nearly enough!) Well, with the economy the way it is, her normal buyers can no longer indulge themselves or their jewelry habit, so she came up with an AWESOME new idea... Beading Parties!!! Like tupperware parties but so. much. better.


She takes small groups of students and lets them loose in her dining room where she has set up a mini classroom, complete with a TON of beads for them to choose from (including pearls, crystals, etc, etc) and teaches them how to string, crimp, and curl their way to a handmade piece of jewelry! She has had one class so far and it was a huge success... This weekend I sat down in her "classroom" with her while she made some earrings, and I decided to make my own! Here is a picture of my earrings:


SOOOOOO.... for the giveaway, one lucky winner will be recieving a pair of earrings CUSTOM MADE BY ME! Start thinking of your favorite summer outfit or special occasion because I can quite literally fulfill your wildest dreams! Dangles, multiple strands, simple, sparkly, pearly, funky, bright, neutral - it's all up to you! I hope you're excited! I am!!!
*** In other news, I'm off tomorrow to the La Dolce Vita salon in Boston to turn in my Groupon for a Hair cut, blow dry, mani, pedi and brow wax --- all for only $59.00!!!! I'm excited for my day of pampering! Were any of my readers able to take advantage of this FAB Groupon I posted about?? I really hope so!

2 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

What a fun giveaway! I wish I knew how to make jewelry. And quilts.

And aprons, too.

Such a great deal on your hair cut. You'll have to post pics! Enjoy your day of beauty :)

The Cape House said...

Those are beautiful! What a special giveaway to have something handmade by the host. The beading parties are a great idea.