So I brought my computer to classes today because I have a LOT of work to do (and I love to read your blogs while I should be note-taking...) today. One of my classes got let out about an hour early (yipee!) and I decided to kill time at one of the student caf's until my next class. Picking up some yummy pineapple and grapes and a tea, I went to the check out line... I was not prepared for what I met here...
I had to place my fruit on a salad bar scale in order to be checked out! Is there anyone else out there who seems outraged that they are charging me the same amount of money per unit of weight for light, fluffy lettuce as they are for heavy chunks of pineapple and grapes that are pretty much 99% water?!?! $6.23 later, I sat down and tried to enjoy this....
Gourmet right? (not). You'd think with the 40,000 dollar (plus) tuition we pay to come here they could throw in a few cheap (if not complimentary) pineapple chunks... Am I just out of touch with the going rate of fruit these days or am I being royally ripped off? I can't decide, but I'm obviously leaning toward the latter... (and just for comparison's sake, I'd like to add that the 3 egg, toast, bacon and home fries meals is a measly 4.99 - no wonder America's got a bad rap for being obese, we literally cannot afford not to be (yes I know that's a ridiculous comment and I'm using parentheses in my parentheses but allow me this transgression in my rant...)!)
Talk to you later!
5 comments:
That seems a little intense! I mean, there's no logical explination for that little amount of fruit to cost that much. In a grocery store you could buy a bunch of grapes and a whole pineapple (and perhaps an orange as well!) with what it cost to buy that "fruit salad". CRAZY!
WOW! I have to share...Yesterday at McDonalds for about $1.15 I got a MCCafe Vanilla Latte (free coupon), egg, sausage breakfast sandwich ($1 menu) and a hash brown (think they put it in my bag by mistake since I did not order)! Normally I enjoy Starbucks but a Vanilla Latte and piece of Pumpkin Loaf hovers around $5. I was feelin' cheap thus Micky D's.
That would irritate me too. A can of soda at my colleges cafe on the Quad was $1.00. Seriously. $1.00 for a can of soda. I could walk to the building next door and buy a 20 oz. bottle for $1.25.
I tagged you
You can see everything on my blog
Crazy- it does look super yummy though.... -e
Post a Comment