Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who loves me?!

I will admit that although I consider my style mostly preppy, the shift is a recent one (it happened last year when I lost 20 pounds and realized that I could actually pull off the preppy look now). Since then, I have slowly been accumulating more and more preppy wardrobe, in hopes of completing (one day) a comprehensive prepster closet. This is where you come in...

Since I began blogging and following all of your lovely blogs, I have been introduced to a number of adorable clothing lines for me to fall in love with. While J.Crew will always be my favorite, I'm loving all the new online (window) shopping/wishlist creating I have been doing of late!

But I need your help! Although I love Lilly and Vineyard Vines, I'm also on a college budget and can't afford huge purchases (although I have been going on eBay A LOT more lately... hehe). That's why my jaw dropped when I read about Rue La La - never knew about it before and now I wish I did - sounds like there's some awesome deals out there!!! So I went to the website and - what?! you have to be sponsored??? Clearly it must be worth it (or so I'm hoping)... sooooo anyone willing to sponsor me? I want nice brands! I need preppy clothes! I am PINING for an adorable wardrobe!!! Help? Anyone?

Also, if anyone has other suggestions of brands/stores I should check out for cute preppy clothing, leave a comment! Summers coming and hopefully I'll have a job ASAP!!!!

<3 - S

11 comments:

PreppyBumpkin said...

I'd be glad to sponsor you....pop me an email at preppybumpkin@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite!

The Cape House said...

I haven't checked out Rue La La yet but it sounds like what I'm looking for. I guess I'll have to check it out and find a sponsor.

Jane said...

we need like a master list of preppy go to stores! haha.

but seriously.

KAC said...

I totally understand its SOO hard finding cute preppy clothes on a collage budget...i've found some great finds at forever 21 or the jcrew sale rack...thesaleshack.com is another great site and rue la la is great as well! Another great site is gilt.com....its also invite only but it can be alittle more expensive and a little less preppy than rue la la its still great though...let me know if you would like an invite email me at bbelle87@gmail.com hope these help!!!

The Monogrammed Sailor said...

check out the polo outlet stores. i get some of my basics from there. also the jcrew outlet is usually good. nordstrom and saks have outlets that often have lilly, theory, tory burch, kate spade...etc

Christina said...

Rue La La is the BEST thing ever!

Kate said...

Check out my blog, left hand side-I have links to Ruelala, Gilt Groupe, etc. Some of them you can sign up with the link there others you need an invite. Just email me :)

I also try to buy everything on sale- VV, J.Crew, Polo all have good sales-you just have to be patient.

I also signed up for mrrebates and ebates. Both of them give you a percent back when you shop at certain stores. Definitely makes you feel better when you spend!

I also agree that outlets are great options too.

CBM said...

I also watch the sale racks at all of the usual preppy retailers. eBay is great, too--I've gotten some wonderful Lilly pieces there. Sometimes, TJ Maxx and Marshall's have some good pink and green finds, though I find it's kind of hit or miss.

There is also the Preppy Outlet, which is an online outlet for Lilly and VV. I haven't ordered from them yet, but the selection looks decent:
http://www.preppyoutlet.com/index.php

Happy shopping!

Unknown said...

eBay. I'm a medical student (partially living off loans - woo hoo!), and I just got an adorable lilly dress from eBay for $12! And I've gotten several pairs of sevens for less than $30 each. It's a godsend.

Her Preppiness said...

There are so many wonderfully inexpensive ways to buy preppy stuff!! the J Crew outlet is fantastic and the preppy outlet is great too. If you need a rue la la invite email me.

T.A.E said...

If you want some guidance, The Official Preppy Handbook is a great way to start.You don't have to follow it to the last pink polo but its a good place to start.:D

And I concur with all the comments made above.