Sunday, March 29, 2009

My First Lilly!!!

Well after flip-flopping for about 2 weeks (should I? shouldn't I? should I?) I was finally able to get myself to a T.J. Maxx and... Oh. My. Gosh! There were so many different styles of Lilly dresses I was in heaven!

I have to say that although I've always admired Lilly P's beautiful designs, the price tag had always deterred me from further pursuing my love... But today was my day! The Dresses were all adorable and although I fell in love with two, in particular, I could only afford to buy one (this is a blatant lie, as I really can't afford either) ... sigh. So, I chose the one that I could wear to the upcoming Spring wedding I will be attending in 3 weeks! I am in love with this dress! Plus the ruffled sleeves are perfect for April, since a sleeveless dress is not an option.... what do you all think?!?!




((This photo is from eBay - sorry it's the only one I could find!)

Also, big news, I bought my first pair of Jack Rogers this week!!!



After consulting with a friend who also just bought herself a pair, I chose the gold, and I can't wait to wear them! I plan on sporting them with my white J.Crew dress for graduation... perhaps this dress too? I'm afraid the Jack's will be a little too casual for a wedding (although it's not going to be a formal event).. Luckily my mom said she would buy me a pair of shoes to go with the Lilly! Yay for Mommy! Her only stipulation was that they be the same bright pink as the dress, which I think is a little too much. So I plan on purchasing pretty ones that I like and not telling her until it's too late ;o) Hehehe... I'm such a little devil. I'm thinking gold maybe? Nude? Suggestions please!!!


In other, less fabulous news I am STILL waiting ot hear from the final law school (and of course my top choice) before making the big decision. I'm starting to get nervous because the other two schools have already sent me financial aid(e?) packages I am supposed to sign off on and accept within a week and a half... but clearly I can't do that without hearing from my number one! PLEASE ladies, say a prayer for me! 1... that I get accepted (and SOON) to my number one and 2.... that they give me a lot of funds to do so! This has double incentive for you because not only will you be encouraging my dream come true, but also I'll owe you a favor - something you might (though hopefully won't) need from a lawyer! (hehe). Thank you in advanced - you guys always give off such positive vibes, I know it will help!

17 comments:

Sandra said...

Your dress is darling. The shoes are fab, too!!! Prayers coming your way for the law school situation to be settled!! xoxo

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

That dress is SO CUTE! I've been to my TJ Maxx several times and no such luck. You are definitely going to love your dress. Just be warned, you can never stop at just one Lilly :) And you're going to love your Jacks as well. Again, you can't have just one pair, ha! Praying for your school to be all worked out and very soon. Keep us updated!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

congrats on that ADORABLE lilly dress! great find!

Meggers said...

Congrats on your first Lilly purchase, SUPER CUTE! and we can be Gold Jacks twins, since I just got a pair too!
I'm jealous, our TJ Maxx never has Jcrew or Lilly, such a disappointment...

Kate said...

Love this dress! My TJs has no Lilly yet :(

Crossing my fingers for you!

Erin said...

Yay for you! Cute dress!

And, I STILL have yet to buy my first Jacks! (Trying to justify the price!)

-E

Morgan said...

i want to go to law school too and i am dreading the days i have to apply, good luck!!

Legal Preppy said...

oh love the dress - its absolutely perfect! and you're gonna love the jacks, the gold color can be worn with everything!

Christina said...

Love the dress. I don't own any Lily yet but I'm going to keep an eye out at TJ Maxx and hopefully I will be able to find a cute dress like yours.

Anonymous said...

Super adorable dress! Good luck hearing back from the last one! You can do it :) !!!!

Jules said...

I adore the dress and love the ruffle sleeves. I think it will be perfect for a wedding. The Jack Rogers are tres chic!

I am sending lots of positive vibes your way that you hear something soon!

GingerSnap said...

Lilly is like potatoe chips, you will soon have WAY more than one. I too snagged some good Lilly finds at TJMaxx (2 dresses!) Congrats on your first Lilly I know it won't be your last!

KAC said...

That dress is SO cute and yay on the Jack Rogers as well... I have 3 pairs and am obsessed with them you are going to love them!! Good luck on hearing back...keep us posted!

ps- I left you a little something on my blog :)

kadler said...

That dress is gorgeous. And I completely agree about the non-pink heels - some sort of metallic or nude would look great.

Good luck with law school! If nothing else, at least you've already been accepted to two places :)

Jackie said...

Hi, I just found your blog!

That dress is great! Perfect for a wedding. Good luck with all your law school decisions! My husband is a 1L, so we went through all of this last year!

c said...

Yay on your first Lilly! It's a great pick.

Clair said...

which TJ Maxx did you go to? i have checked downtown crossing and framingham with no luck. Love the dress!