Today, both my mother (both affectionate and 100% accurately described as Crazy K) and the boyfriends mother came to visit me for a girls day in Boston. Other than the inherent stress that comes with the constant need to monitor my mom's conversation for potential censorship, the day went smoothly. Actually, the boyfriend's mom already wrote me an e-mail telling me how fun Crazy K is (clearly she hasn't lived with her for 21 years...) - yay!!! Anyways, back on topic, while out I made it my mission to find myself a reliable bathroom scale, since I don't own my own and unfortunately those three little numbers motivate me more than 4 lonely bikinis I have retired in my closet to lace up my sneakers and head out for a run. After searching to no avail, I went to Brookstone, prepared to spend a small fortune, and found this one for only $20!
Super psyched to test it out, once I got home from shopping and the moms left, I grabbed one (three) of the sugar cookies the boyfriend's mom bought me and hopped on the scale (HA - don't worry, the irony is not lost on me). Since then, I have been on the scale another 12 times. I can't help it! It's new, it's shiny, it's electronic, and the numbers it keeps flashing at me aren't even that bad! Needless to say, I'm willing to bet the first thing I do tomorrow morning will be to once again hop on.My second example is my new blog! Ahem, this blog. Yes, my first post was at 5:45 tonight, and I will admit somewhat ashamedly that since then I have been perusing the blogs of dozens of women and loving them all! So in addition to bulking up my "blogs I read" list, I've been trying to grab ideas for how to go about writing/posting on this one. I'm new ladies, any advice you have, I would greatly appreciate! Tips for getting people to visit my blog? Ideas for things to write about (although I'm sure you're all fascinated by the everyday goings on of my life as a poor college undergrad)? Other blogs to check out? Things to add to my page? Oh! And does anyone know any good (free) websites I can peruse for a template/header? I pretty much stole my current picture from google images and would like something a little more relevant.
Thanks!!!
p.s. Thanks to Seaside Prep for the heads up on the Patagonia Sale - LOVE that store (and so great for cold New England winters!)
p.p.s. Thanks to Nautical by Nature for being the first (of hopefully a few - I won't get greedy) to follow my blog, you totally fueled my fire and made me even more excited about this whole new blogging adventure!
2 comments:
My first and best piece of advice is to comment, comment, comment!
Also Newlywed Stilettos does a new blogger post once a week so check her out.
Hey - cute blog! I also commonly refer to my mother as Crazy C.
-E
Post a Comment