Sunday, February 15, 2009

And so it begins...

First time blogger alert! I've read a few blogs recently in a desperate attempt to kill time - and now I'm addicted! I'm starting my own with the vain hope it will be half as entertaining as those I have become hooked on - one of which (Pretty in Pink) has recently become private - so sad.

Anyway, allow me to introduce myself. I am a senior at NU with little more than SIXTY days left before I graduate, ahhhhhhhh. I have sent out applications to law schools and am currently hoping desperately to be admitted, since it's the only plan I have thus far in regards to my future. In the meantime, I am working hard to finish my undergraduate degree with the best GPA I can manage and a minimal case of senioritis (do they make drugs for that?). The boyfriend goes to school about an hour away but we usually still see each other more days each week than not.

He is the reason for the title of my blog - Jigging in J.Crew. I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a title that encompassed all of my favorite things: being active outside, Cape Cod, preppy style and alliteration. The boyfriend (the referring to him as the boyfriend is a trick I learned from
Pretty in Pink, since I'm sure the last thing he wants is for prospective employers to google him and opening this blog) is a licensed fisherman in his spare time, and, as a loyal and loving girlfriend, I tag along. It was boring at first.... until I started catching bigger fish than him! So now I sort of love it, in short increments of time, some because I get a kick out of learning something new, and some because I love seeing the boyfriend happy.

Well, I'm sure more of my interests will poke through as I blog. I hope I can keep up with this new venture! I can't count the number of half filled journals I've started, only to abandon them when my hand gets cramped or I get too tired to write. This, however, it just might work. For example, right now I am watching one of my favorite shows,
Desperate Housewives (I love Bree), while typing, brilliant!

Posts to follow!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Welcome to the blog world :)

I am excited to be your first official follower!