Step 1: Respond and Rework
Answer the questions on your own blog. Replace one question that you don't like with a question of your own invention. Then add one more question of your own invention.
Step 2: Tag five other un-tagged people!
1. Make a list of what you can see without getting up.
My living room and TV (with LOST playing), my rommates J.Crew puffy jacket I've been wearing all week while she's gone (hehehe) and my cleared dinner plate (Sesame Ginger Tilapia with veggies!).
2. Favorite Football Team
The Patriots!!! I usually get to go to at least one game a year - this time it was during a RIDICULOUS snow storm and it was a ton of fun!
3. What are you wearing now?
Gray and White Houndstooth Bow sweater from J.Crew, Pink J.Crew V-neck T, Dark denim Guess jeans and my green fluffy slippers that I seriously need to replace, since I've worn them to death.

4. What's the last thing you read/are currently reading?
Haha, I'm not reading anything currently (other than your blogs) because C hates it when I read (I don't pay enough attention to him when I get wrapped up in the book). However, I just finished the Twilight series (yes, I wish I was a vampire now and yes, I know I'm a huge dork). Before that, I read two books by a local Cape Cod author, Sally Gunning - they were historical fiction (my favorite) about early Brewster and I loved them! Check out The Widow's War and Bound.
5. Who is the last person you hugged?
Some classmates came over Monday for a study session, I cooked them dinner and played hostess. I hugged them all goodbye :o)
6. What's your current addiction/obsession?
All things preppy and nautical. I don't play favorites, I love it all. Oh I wish I wish I wish I had and unlimited bank account! Maybe one day C and I will win the lottery...
7. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A marine biologist. I had the great idea that I would just swim with dolphins all day. I was still kind of leaning to the biological aspects of the ocean a few years ago, however, I worked at WHOI last year and after a 2 week research cruise in the cold Gulf of Maine, I decided NOT.
This is me (pulling that big thing off the side of the ship, onto the ship) on the deck of the R/V Endeavor during the two week cruise. We worked 24-hours a day in 4 hour shifts. I was the 4-8 shift.8. What is the last thing you bought?
These 7 for all Mankind jeans - a bargain!
9. What are you listening to right now?
Hurley and Jack trying to figure out how they got back to the Island.
10. What is your favorite weather and why?
Warm (almost hot, but not quite), sunny and FA (flat-ass, as C says in reference to really calm water). I love to wear cute shorts, a T or tank and a pair of sunglasses - that's all I need!
11. What is your most challenging goal right now?
I'm stealing Sweet, Sassy and Always Classy's answer here: Staying focussed on school - I just feel like I have so many long term projects to do, it makes me feel overwhelmed!
12. Say something about the person who tagged you.
Well, Sweet, Sassy and Always Classy, I just started following your blog but I'm already hooked! Thanks for the tag, I love being tagged!
13. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished, anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Brewster, Cape Cod! It would be a beautiful ocean-front cottage (on the baysaide, for those of you not familiar) decorated in the complete Nantucket style white-washed everything and cool pastel, beachy colors! Add a private beach with a mooring for C's boat and you've got heaven!
14. Favorite vacation spot.
Anywhere I've never been before.
15. Favorite children's book.
I loved all the Little Golden Books when I was little. My dad used to do the grocery shopping and he would always take me with him and if I was good, I would get to pick out a Little Golden Book - I have a million of them at home now.
16. Name one thing you can't resist no matter how bad it is for you.
Again, I need to agree with Sweet, Sassy and Always Classy- I cannot resist a sweet treat after meals!
17. What is the first tape/CD you bought for yourself?
I'm pretty sure it was Leanne Rimes for her "How do I live" single. I think I've bought a total of 3 CDs since then, I usually just listen to the radio.
18. Describe your perfect day.
I would wake up perfectly rested and refreshed, have a yummy breakfast (with Mimosa) on the porch of C's cottage over looking the bay. Then, C and I would go fishing, but only for a couple hours, where we would catch a ton of slammers, making the day perfect for C too. We would go home, read magazines outside in the sun and then get dressed up for a night out with all of my best friends. Drink, laughs and good times to be had by all!
19. What's your biggest pet peeve?
.Oh Boy do I have many... I HATE when people drive/walk/move slow in front of me and take up the whole road/sideway/passageway so I can't pass them - I'm always in a rush! I can't stand when people leave the shower curtain open, the inside of the shower isn't nearly as cute as the shower curtains we painstakingly pick out! And it annoys me when people think they know something about everything and feel the intense need to interject - for example, when I tell my friend that my shin hurts and her response is "Oh, well that's your tibialis anterior muscle" OK, great, but I DON'T CARE THAT YOU KNOW THAT! Unless it's vital to my point, keep it to yourself (sorry, I deal with that one a lot and so it's particularly peevish).
20. What would you do if you won the lottery?
First, I would thank the Lord! Then, I would pay off mine and C's college debt and buy C a big brand new boat (this is more than just generosity ladies, because if I have to be on it I want it to be awesome). A house on the Cape for my parents would come next followed by a tour around the world invovling embarassing abouts of shopping and sight seeing.
21. What is one quality you possess that you are the most proud?
I like to think that I'm generous. I would spend my last dollar on someone else before myself. I just like to make people happy!
22. What is one thing you want to do before you die?
I desperately want to travel the world and experience different cultures, the amazing history of different places and lifestyles of the people living there. I'm constantly in awe of the natural world, so I want to do lots of camping/hiking/sight seeing before I settle down in life. And I want to "fish the world" with C (this will make him happy).
23. (My Question) What is the one quality you possess that you are least proud of?
I put this in because I am extremely uncomfortable about complimenting myself (Question 21) and it will give us all an opportunity to reflect on things we might want to change. I, for example, have a quick temper and tend to be overwhelmed with it. This is compounded by the fact that the only way I can handle my anger is by crying, which makes me more mad because it makes me seem weak and childish. Thank God C knows how to handle me (even though I usually take it out on him- he's too good to me).
Ok! Finally finished! And my 5 people are:
Seaside Prep
The Prep-E Girl
In Good Faith
MRM
Life of a Busy Wife
Have fun!!!
4 comments:
Just found your blog I love that J Crew sweater! I am a huge J Crew fan too.
Yay! I loved that! I think these are so fun. I agree with Pink Maple, your sweater is adorable!
Hey I just found your blog! I totally agree with choosing brewster! My grandparents lived there and I was born on the cape. Nothing beats a seaside house :)
oh my gosh, I'm just on book 2 of the Twilight series. I didn't even want to read them and now? I want Edward. :)
Post a Comment