Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Well Hello Again...

Whoa! 3 whole days with no blogging? Good thing I put in those 3 blogs Saturday :o) Since I've been gone here's a little recap of the days you've missed:

C IS HOME!!!! Wooo! He came up Sunday promptly after my field trip and I greeted him with TONS of hugs and kisses as well as one of his favorite dinners (Chicken Caesar Wraps) and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies! We were both thrilled to be back together and I was even more thrilled that he stayed until Tuesday morning! Monday while I was in class, he went out and bought what has become my newest obsession: a new laptop!

I am beyond jealous! At first, I just looked wistfully at it from across the room but now, after fidgeting with my computer to get it working properly I have fully convinced myself that I, too, need a shiny new computer! I know what you're thinking, I can barely afford jeans, how am I going to afford a computer? Well, my dear ladies, that is what FINANCING is for! Yipeee! It actually works to my advantage because I can pay a little bit each month until I graduate, and then once I get that sweet summer job on the Cape I can pay it off real quick! Plus, since I have absolutely no credit as of now (I dont have a credit card because I don't trust myself to control my spending) so maybe this little computer idea will be dually efficient? I'm hoping to get one this weekend so that I can start writing all my research papers on it and not live in constant fear of my current computer crashing hard and losing all my work (orrrr because I can't wait any longer...) I've been researching a bit lately so I can go in as a knowledgeable consumer butttttt I don't think I'm doing a good job (basically C and I have been comparing specs - "well this one has bigger numbers than that one, so it must be better!"). Does anyone have any suggestions? I think I'm definitely a PC girl, but I'm not sure I have that much of a preference. I have a Dell now though and it's barely lasted 3.5 years, so maybe not another investment in that department. I was thinking HP? (That's what C got - it's so pretty!).

In other news, I completed TWO presentations to far this week as well as an essay midterm today -phew! One more test tomorrow and I'm FREE! Next week is my Spring Break (yipee!) and I don't have classes on Friday (super yipee!) Leaving me with an extended vacation to relax (i.e. mix drinks and research) (in that order....). Tomorrow after classes I'm driving straight to the Cape - I keep convincing myself it's Spring already (I packed T-shirts for the weekend)... I wish it was!

Now I'm going to go catch up on all your blogs (I mean, study) - more to come tomorrow!

3 comments:

The Cape House said...

Things sound pretty great! I wish I could go to the Cape next week! Have a beautiful time.

Anonymous said...

Have so much fun on your break :) !!

AEOT said...

Enjoy the vacay! No help on the computer front. I'd love a new one too!!