Monday, March 2, 2009

A new computer!

Well, I did it! C and I went to Best Buy this weekend and after opening up a shiny new credit account (with 18 mo. zero interest) - my first credit card ever, I bought this cute little number!




Mine is the black one with the blue wavy design in the background. I'm not sure how much I love the design (I hated it when I first bought it) but the computer's price and specs were too good to pass up! Now though, it's kind of growing on me - it reminds me of the ocean, which I love, so I'm OK with that! I just feel like it's trendy and I HATE trendy. Regardless the new laptop is so much fun with all these new features and programs! Plus C and I got an AMAZING deal of the Microsoft Office applications by using The Ultimate Steal - it's a program that allows students to buy the software at cost. You can save up to NINETY percent on the cost, rather than buying it in the store! So any of you students out there with a valid .edu e-mail address - save yourself some serious $$ (more to spend on J.Crew!) and shop this site!

In other news, I started my bartending classes today! It was so much fun learning how to pour from behind the bar, use the drink shakers and garnish pretty mocktails (it's all colored water and plastic fruit, haha)! However, I totally did not account for the amount of information I would be trying to cram into my brain these next 5 days. We already have a test tomorrow - eeek! Did you all know there's four different types of whisky and that each one has like, a bajillion different brands?! I'm going to be writing flash cards all night long! One the bright side, I learned about a new drink I think I'd love:

Hollywood

3/4 oz. Vodka

3/4oz. Chambourd

Fill with Pineapple Juice

Garnish with a cherry - YUM!

Lastly, I got great news this weekend when I went home with C - a place to stay this summer in my ultimate dream home locations - Brewster, MA! Wahooo!!! Next weekend I will have graduated from the bartending class and have all my certifications, so I'm going to go job hunting! C already got a job for the summer - before he starts his full time after-college job, he's going to be spending his summer Captaining this:

It sails around Cape Cod Bay for brunch/lunch/sunset dinner trips! Maybe I can be the bartender (do you think C will get sick of me?)

I'm finally all caught up with everyone's blogs and you all seem to be having equally eventful weeks. I know this week I totally slacked on my posts - I will try to be better!!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Oh that drink sounds fantastic. I've always wanted to take a bar tending class. Such a fun (and convenient) skill to have. That's great that you found a place to live, you're going to have such a great summer!

Carly A. Heitlinger said...

The computer is adorable! Have you seen the HP "clutch" laptop... It's so tiny and adorable.

Lou Lou said...

Crazy, you'll be living in my home town!

AEOT said...

Okay, so for some reason I can't comment on your latest post, but CONGRATULATIONS!! Yes, law school is a large financial endeavor, but it is worth it in the end. I think environmental/costal law is great for you and the future you have planned. I'm so happy for you! Will C be able to be near you at this school?